The last workout in the cycle is a catch-all type of day: ab/core work, plus some bodyweight exercises, and then a run. Right now I have to be careful with my running; it’s high-impact and I really don’t want to get tendonitis or agressively aggrivate my arthritis again, so I’m trying to keep it on the easy side.
I did this workout on Saturday; just haven’t gotten around to posting it until now.
- warmup: 10 min elliptical, medium intensity (level 7, “random”)
- weight work:
- Dumbbell deadlifts (I do these one arm at a time, working on keeping my back flat and pulling through my legs and core instead of with my arms. As always, I’ll move on to the barbells eventually.)
- Exercise ball crunches
- Dumbbell side bends
- Push-up pyramid (3 4 5 6 7 6 5 4 3)
- Planks and Side Planks, 60 sec
- 20 min run, 1.8mi/20 min, walk/jog/sprint intervals as long as I could handle those sprints.
Difficulty: the weight/bodyweight work wasn’t overly hard, although I did feel it the next day. The run was difficult: I need to ease back into running a little more gently before trying to do sprints at 7.0mph for a minute.
Future Changes: I could pick up one or two other ab or bodyweight exercises, although I could also afford to do some planks on days II and III, for example.