I made a delicious dinner yesterday, but I forgot to take a photo of it. My bad! Anyway, it was absolutely delicious — in its simplicity. My roommate is suffering from stomach problems, and I’m on a back-to-basics kick, and here’s what came out of it.
- boneless skinless chicken breast, 1 package, ~2 lb, trimmed
- Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic soup, 1 can
- low sodium chicken broth – 3/4 of the Campbell’s can
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 bag baby carrots
- to season: black pepper, basil
- whole grain egg noodles, 1 bag
- Put the onion, the green pepper, and the bag of baby carrots in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add in the cream of mushroom soup on top of the veggies.
- Add the chicken breasts on top of that.
- Pour the 3/4 can of chicken broth all over everything.
- Season on the top as desired – I seasoned very lightly to let the natural flavors come out.
- Cook on low setting all day while you’re at work; 8-10 hours should do it.
- Cook up the noodles as per directions on the bag.
- Shred the chicken and stir the crockpot while the noodles cook.
Serve up a healthy scoop of the tender stew over a scoop of noodles in a bowl. Enjoy the delicious taste and healthy flavor.