Last week my roommate and I were talking about food – chicken wings in specific – and she said, “You should try to make a Buffalo Wing Casserole.”
YOU WILL NEED:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (the package I used was like ~1.6 lb?)
- 1 package whole grain pasta (I used elbows, ~14oz)
- 1 bottle Frank’s Red Hot
- 1 package ranch dressing powder mix
- 1 16oz container part-skim cottage cheese
- 1 can Campbell’s broccoli cheese soup
- broth, vegetable or chicken
- Cheese (shredded or crumbles) for topping
- Throw the chicken, ~1/2 bottle of the Frank’s Red Hot, ~1/2 package ranch dressing powder, and ~1/2 cup broth into a crockpot the night before.
- Cook on low for 8-10+ hours while you’re at work.
- Come home. Shred the chicken; add more Red Hot and broth if you feel like you need a bit more sauce (shredded chicken mixture should be very moist – “sauced up” – but should not have too much extra liquid hanging out in the bottom of the crockpot).
- Boil your water and cook the pasta. Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a casserole dish, mix up: shredded buffalo chicken, all the cottage cheese, can of soup. Fill the can of soup ~halfway with broth, stir to get the last of the soup, add it to the casserole dish.
- Add the noodles to the casserole dish when done.
- Mix everything up. Top with cheese of your choice (I used a cheddar/jack blend of crumbles).
- Bake at 350F for ~20 mins.
Enjoy with a side salad. It’s delicious.